Blogs > Kid You Not

Kid You Not believes in the Wizard of Oz style of parenting: All you need is a brain, some courage and a heart. Oh, and some Jager.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snow job


8:17 a.m. “Look at the time! Get dressed! You’ll miss the bus!”
“Where’s mom?”
“She’s still at the gym. She’s running late.”
8:20 a.m. “What about my lunch?’”
“OK, you can get the lunch alternative today. Get the bagel plate.”
“Did you sign my homework sheet?”
“Yeah, hurry up. We have to do your hair.”
8:25 a.m. “Come on, let’s go. Do you have your gloves and mittens?”
“What about (still sleeping 3-year-old sister)?”
“I’m going to walk you to the mailbox and (neighbor with kids) can watch you at the bus stop. I don’t think I’ll get arrested.”
8:30 a.m. (Father and daughter begin walking. Mom’s car rounds the corner, slows down and window lowers)
8:31 a.m. “What are you guys doing? School's cancelled.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home