Blogs > Kid You Not

Kid You Not believes in the Wizard of Oz style of parenting: All you need is a brain, some courage and a heart. Oh, and some Jager.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

No, you can't be a sexy witch


I love Halloween and always will. We decorate the yard with pumpkins, scarecrows and ghosts. My two daughters, age 8 and 4, always get excited. So when one of those Halloween costume catalogs came to the house the other day, I tossed it their way.
Big mistake.
The past week our conversations have been like this:
“Can I be this? (pointing to be what appears to be a stripper modeled after Hannah Montana)”
“No.”
“Can I be this? (pointing to Tinker Bell wearing what appears to be a napkin around her waist)”
“No way.”
“Can I be this? (pointing to some kind of weird hybrid of witch, goth chick at a Cure concert and prostitute)”
“Noooo.”
I guess the cute fairy and princess days are over.
Come Halloween night, the kids will be dressed appropriately (My oldest is leaning toward an alien. The 4-year-old was enamored of a giant candy corn) and ready to collect some loot. I just wish they were a little older and could go out with friends.
That way, mom and dad’s pirate costumes and sexy nurse outfits could be put to good use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home