Blogs > Kid You Not

Kid You Not believes in the Wizard of Oz style of parenting: All you need is a brain, some courage and a heart. Oh, and some Jager.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

John DeStefano Jr., you just got my vote back

Scroll down a few inches and you can read yesterday's red hot volcano of rage directed at a New Haven parking meter reader for giving me a ticket even though the meter was missing from the pole.
In my righteous blogging fury, I lashed out at Mayor DeStefano. Hell knows no wrath like the freshly-ticketed with access to a New Haven Register blog that ostensibly is about parenting but can be redirected willy-nilly at any perceived slight.
Well, today I got a nice note from Paul Wessel, the director of traffic and parking. He calmly explained that the city is replacing old parking meters with modern ones. He said I should not have been ticketed and urged me to dispute the $15 fine. You can read his comment by clicking on comments.
Thanks, Paul, for the information. My faith in city government has been restored and Mayor DeStefano should not suffer for this minor squabble. As for your staff, I apologize for comparing them to John Mark Karr. K-Fed, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home