Blogs > Kid You Not

Kid You Not believes in the Wizard of Oz style of parenting: All you need is a brain, some courage and a heart. Oh, and some Jager.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Can't stop the Croc


The newspapers in my town (I don’t live in the Register’s circulation area) are missing a hot story.
My daughter’s elementary school has told kids to not wear Crocs and flip flops to school. With about two weeks to go before summer break and hot temperatures here, you might as well tell these kids not to breathe.
There’s a few really important things in an 8-year-old girl’s life: Hannah Montana, Crocs and those little things you stick into the Crocs. Everything else is just noise.
The bad news was delivered in the school’s Friday Flash newsletter. Flip flops and Crocs are prone to slipping off and are unsafe, the principal said.
“But Crocs have a back strap,” my daughter wailed.
I was tempted to tell her to fight the power, but she can wait a few years before letting the Chuck D in her emerge. Rules are rules, I said.
Much Croc-shod foot stomping ensued.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
Same thing happened in our public school district when they outlawed those sneakers with the wheels in them. I thought my sister was going to have a stroke after she had just purchased two pairs of them for her elementary kids right before the start of school. Oh well, live and learn!

5:28 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home