Blogs > Kid You Not

Kid You Not believes in the Wizard of Oz style of parenting: All you need is a brain, some courage and a heart. Oh, and some Jager.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Obama gets played


President-elect Barack Obama’s first big decision had nothing to do with the economy or making cabinet appointments.
It was making sure his two daughters were happy. Because you what scares Obama more than being invited to go hunting with Dick Cheney? Two scorned girls on the warpath.
He could just picture it: Malia and Shasha waiting for him with their hands on their hips and scowls on their faces.
“You said we could get a puppy!”
“I did? When?”
“Daddy! You promised!”
So Obama did something a lot of politicians forget to do once they get elected. He kept a campaign promise.
Then the Obama girls played their best hand. No mutt or pound castoff for them. They want something called a “goldendoodle,” a hybrid purebreed that costs a bundle and probably will chew up the First Lady’s Manolos.
My 8-year-old daughter is trying the same scam.
“I’m asking Santa for a Nintendo DS.”
Santa. Yeah, right. I’m onto you, girl. I know you’re painting your father into a corner. I’ll probably cave, though.
I just expected more from my president. I hope he doesn’t roll over as fast when Russia asks for Azerbaijan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home