Blogs > Kid You Not

Kid You Not believes in the Wizard of Oz style of parenting: All you need is a brain, some courage and a heart. Oh, and some Jager.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Homeland Security would like a minute with my daughter

So my wife is in Stop & Shop and our 2-year-old daughter is in the cart. My wife has her back turned to the cart and hears a shelf stocker start speaking.
"Oh, no sweetie. Take that out of your mouth."
In the split second it takes for my wife to turn her head, numerous possibilities are considered: A bottle of bleach. Some choking item, like a small toy. Perhaps the guy’s pricing gun.
Nope. None of those.
Our daughter has somehow grabbed the guy’s box cutter and put it in her mouth. The blade was not exposed, but I’m sure it was only a matter of seconds before she figured out how to flick it open. In fact, I’m pretty sure if you handed her a shoulder-fired Stinger missile, she’d have it armed, aimed and ready to take out the nearest tall building.
This little girl needs to be on some kind of watch list, don’t you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home