Blogs > Kid You Not

Kid You Not believes in the Wizard of Oz style of parenting: All you need is a brain, some courage and a heart. Oh, and some Jager.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just give me the damn toy!


So I’m at the beach over the weekend with my 4-year-old daughter. She’s happily running through the sprinkler park and I’m trying not to spontaneously combust from the freakish heat.
She finds a small plastic figurine and brings it over. It appears to be an American Idol Happy Meal toy.
“Can I keep this?”
“No.”
“Why?”
Right then, I know it’s time to bring forth my fatherly wisdom and impart something so wise that she herself will tell her own children something her father told her so long ago.
“Honey, if you brought your favorite toy to the beach and accidentally forgot it, wouldn’t you be upset if someone took it?”
“I guess so,” she said, her eyes cast downward.
“So do you still want to keep this?”
“Yes!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home