Blogs > Kid You Not

Kid You Not believes in the Wizard of Oz style of parenting: All you need is a brain, some courage and a heart. Oh, and some Jager.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Reese, I'm here for you


This is a tough time for you, I know. I want you to know I can help.
Don’t take this the wrong way. I’m a happily married man with two wonderful kids. You’re a mom with great kids, too, so I think we have a connection. Do you feel it?
I know you live in California and have many nice friends, but perhaps getting away from it all will help.
Stay with my family for while and immerse yourself in my lifestyle.
Ride with me in my Subaru on Interstate 95 to work. I have a desk and a computer. You are welcome to access the Internet for a while.
I often have a peanut butter sandwich for lunch to save a bit of money. I could share it with you. I have a blog. You could guest write a post, maybe something funny about wacky things kids say.
When we get home, you could help set the table and clean up tiny Polly Pocket accessories from the floor. Please join the conversation around the dinner table. You could ask the girls how school was, or ask my wife how hard it is to fit everything into one day.
At night, I like to watch hockey. Do you? Sometimes, my wife gets a DVD at the library. Have you seen "Flightplan"?
This weekend, you could help me clean up the leaves. Hopefully, they won’t be too wet.
Maybe all this is too much for you. I don’t want to pressure you. You could simply catch up on some reading. I have many back issues of "The New Yorker."
Think about it, OK?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing too hard to feel threatened right now. But maybe I'll call Ryan tomorrow, and perhaps even clean my front passenger seat for him.

12:10 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home