Blogs > Kid You Not

Kid You Not believes in the Wizard of Oz style of parenting: All you need is a brain, some courage and a heart. Oh, and some Jager.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Things I found in my sofa

Whenever I need a little excitement in my life or the kids are bored, we play a fun game called sofa treasure.
I wish I was kidding.
It goes like this: Every few weeks, I’ll interrupt the kids’ usual indoor activity: screaming and running around the house like the feral kid in "The Road Warrior" (minus the deadly boomerang) and shout "Let’s play sofa treasure!" (If you prefer couch, go for it)
They gather ‘round and I reach my hand down between the sofa cushions until I feel something. If it bites, we play "Can you identify the brown recluse spider, quickly?"
The kids get all excited and we tabulate what’s junk or treasure. More treasure than junk and everybody gets to watch "Dog the Bounty Hunter" and eat Fluff straight from the container.
Here we go:
Long lost Barbie surfboard. Treasure!
Numerous hair ties. Junk!
Sticky raisins. Junk!
Coins, various demoninations. Treasure!
Several of those weird big-eyed, bobble head animals from Pet Shop. Treasure!
Really tiny Polly Pocket shoes. Treasure!
Final score: Treasure 4, Junk 2
Sorry kids, when I said "everybody" gets to watch "Dog" and eat Fluff, I meant me. Now get to bed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, come on. You mean to tell me that you did not find one,single mushy, rotten, half-eaten banana in there? God, you guys must run a tight ship. I could make a fruit salad worthy of a Fear Factor stunt in our couch.

4:59 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, most of what we find is food. blech.

We do have covers for our sofa and love seat (a must with the under 3 crowd, otherwise, or furniture would be a mess), so I think that limits the treasure.

Now, under the couch is a different story...

8:36 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home