Blogs > Kid You Not

Kid You Not believes in the Wizard of Oz style of parenting: All you need is a brain, some courage and a heart. Oh, and some Jager.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Top 10 Whatevers of 2006

I call them records. You might call them shared files. With a nod to fellow blogger and dean of the college of musical knowledge, Pat Ferrucci, here’s my Top Ten of 2006.
1. Tom Waits, Orphans. This man’s closet is 100 times better than anyone’s mansion.
2. Mission of Burma, The Obliterati. Press play and stand back. I was there in 1981 and I’ll be there Jan. 19 when they play NYC.
3. Raconteurs, Broken Boy Soldiers. Meaty, beaty, big and bouncy.
4. Lloyd Cole, Anti-depressant. Fill this prescription.
5. Beck, The Information. Everyone’s sick of Beck, except me.
6. Josh Rouse, Subtitulo. Dump wife. Move to Spain. Put out great record.
7. Belle & Sebastian, The Life Pursuit. Oops, I meant to put this at No. 1.
8. Be Your Own Pet. I like to imagine these guys beating the snot out of everyone in "High School Musical."
9. Farmer Jason, Rockin’ in the Forest. My kids love this record, but they don’t like me talking about that Jason and the Nashville Scorchers show at the Rat in 1983.
10. Dan Zanes and Friends, Catch That Train. Caught it, love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home